Room 114 Weekly Overview
February 6, 2017
Dear Parents and Families,
Thank you to all of the families that came to the Promontory on Thursday for Raise a Glass for Ray. We raised $6,000- almost double of what we raised last year.
- Continue to work on high frequency words weekly. Please make sure your child can read all of these words. Students are also encouraged to correctly spell each of these words. Students have their own personal word wall and the class word wall where these words can be found. If students can read these words they will be able to find them on word walls and spell them correctly. Our assessment will be this Friday.
- Report Cards will be sent home this week. The Report Card should be signed and returned to verify that you have reviewed your child’s progress. Please contact me if you would like to schedule a conference.
- Thank you to all of the families that have donated snack. Please donate a healthy snack for the month of February.
- This week we will have library! We will continue to have PE on Mondays and Wednesdays. Please make sure your child wears/brings gym shoes on those days.
- Next Tuesday is Valentine’s Day. We will not have a party but students are allowed to bring 24 cards to pass out to the class if they wish. Please do not have your child address the card as it takes a long time to pass out. It is much easier when they just sign them.
- Next Friday will be the 100th day of school. We will have some fun activities planned for this day. More information will come next week.
This week we will read Amazing Grace. We will do several comprehension activities as a group and independently to deepen our comprehension. Students will discuss problem and solution and imagine the story told from various characters’ perspectives. In math we will start learning about double-digit addition. Please refrain from teaching your child “to carry the one.” It is important to establish an understanding of place value using modeling before children are taught this procedure. In science we will investigate sound further by making a telephone. We will continue with informational writing this week by starting an “All About” non-fiction unit. In social studies we will begin our next unit on Families Then and Now.
Have a great week.
Sight Words: saw, who, think, write, read
Vocabulary: Battle, wicked, fortune, audition, companion
|READING||Read to your child 20 min. or more||Read to your child 20 min. or more||Read to your child 20 min. or more||Read to your child 20 min. or more||Read to your child 20 min. or more|
|MATH||Home Link 5.10||Home Link 5.11||Home Link 5.12||Home Link 5.7|